The Mother Teresa Society was established as a Registered NGO in date 10th of May 1990. The Society’s main office is in Pristina and there are 5.Regional offices each headed by a Co-ordinator. The core work of the Society has been to provide humanitarian aid and support in Kosovo. It operates on a non discriminatory basis with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, disability and gender. Its organisation is governed by a Constitution.
Over the years the Society has successfully implemented humanitarian projects with both International and local Kosovo funding. The Society has a long established link with Hope and Aid Direct, a UK based Registered Charity. More recently the Society has taken a role in the creation of a Kosovo Poverty Action Network which has also been registered as an NGO and the development of which will includes cross border co-operation. The Society has a web site: www.motherteresasociety.org
Job Description: FUNDRAISER
The Society is looking for a candidate who is innovative, energetic and committed to work as a Fundraiser. The appointee will be expected to develop a strategy and initiatives for fund raising that will make for greater financial sustainability for the Society in supporting its humanitarian work in Kosovo and in its cross border projects. Training in Kosovo and the UK will be provided. Key requirements are given below. The post will be for 1 year in the first instance subject to performance and review. Monthly salary will be €600.
Applicants need to submit their CV by no later than 19th March 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short listed applicants will be notified by email. Interviews will be held at the Society’s office
Rr.Muje Krasniqi pn Ulpiana U1/1 10000 Prishtinë
- The Post holder will be responsible to the Executive Director for overall strategy and to the Deputy Director for implementation
- The post holder will have no direct staff responsibilities.
- The post is short term of one year in the first instance subject to performance review
- The post is focussed on making the Society more financially self –sustainable.
- To develop a fund raising strategy for the Society
- To implement a rolling annual fund raising programme
- To prepare relevant promotional materials
- To identify and liaise with and develop long term relationships with potential donors
- To prepare reports and provide statistics
- To contribute to the Society’s web site
- To manage the Society’s promotional budget.
- To take the lead in organising promotional and other events in liaison with donors.
- Any other work as determined by the Executive Director consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- A degree is essential to the job post with preferred discipline in Economics, Business, and Marketing as examples.
- Knowledge and experience of the Voluntary Sector
- Understanding and practical experience of the fund raising process
- Experience of budget management
- Competence in language (written, spoken and reading) in Albanian and English. Serbo –Croatian an advantage).
- ICT competence
- Holder of current driving licence
- Knowledge of basic office procedures
- Communication and presentational skills
- Evidence of research ability
- Project report writing
- Good team worker
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Out -going/ extrovert personality
- Prepared to work out of normal office hours
- Enjoys a challenge
- Ability to motivate others
- Ideas and creativity
- The successful applicant will receive some training at HQ and undertake fully funded training during 2014 in the UK.
- Applicants are advised to use this job description as a basis for preparing their CVs when stating their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Applicants are required to submit the names, address and contact details for 2 referees
- The application should be made in English
- Detail your ICT skills/software knowledge
- The interview will also include other tests